10.25.2005

killing time

It's not true what they say that chocolate makes people happy. It's weird but chocolates really make me sad. Well not exactly sad...maybe wistful is the word. Everytime I eat chocolates you're sure to hear a deep sigh from me and I'll be in a pensive mood for the rest of the day.

Ate eight milk-chocolate coated hazelnut pralines today which father Bobby brought from Bangkok (Duty Free pala) and I'm feeling a tad too blah...Anyhoo, I'm currently in a slump becasue I've submitted all the six interviews to Fr. Jack and I'm waiting for the last transcript he is currenly proofreading to be returned to me. Hmm. humm.

Last Saturday while on a date with my laundry, I listened to the noontime show at NU and well well well.. Pedicab was in the studio and listeners could ask them anything so I immediately texted and asked why the hell does "Dito Tayo sa Dilim" sound like "No Limit" of 2Unlimited. You know, that early nineties song which goes "No no no no no no no no no no no no There's no limit!" Yeah, I thought you'd get that. So anyway, I asked them if they did this on purpose but said the song was astig (coz it really is. i never knew i'd like DUNK - Dance Punk - but yeah). Goddangit, the radio feedback became static so i changed the station into another one and continued scrubbing mud off my grubby trainers. By the time I remembered to get back to NU, I could only hear the last part of their answer to my question: "Pero sa tingin ko naman, kung may mga katunog yung mga kanta, hindi naman sinasadya ng mga gumagawa ng kanta iyon. Hindi naman na parang hoy pare, ayos tong kantang to ah, kopyahin natin, yayaman tayo dito." And they continued to joke about how new bands are branded copycats today in the Philippine rock scene. But I wanted to know specifically if they did copy 2Unlimited for "Dito Tayo sa Dilim"! Sablay. Dang-it.

Oh yeah, my dad, Kevin and I attended this franchising seminar by RK franchising in the afternoon. The seminar itself went okay. We learned the basics of franchising-- what franchisees and franchisors should know-- and we were also presented with possible franchises. I think it would be a long time until we will venture into another business. I felt proud though to be able to arrange this for my dad who has been complaining of being stuck in the humdrum Aparri to learn anything new, and for Kevin who needs these kinds of exposure as he is a management major. As for me, well I've learned not to deny the negosyante blood cursing through my veins. I mean, I don't think I can be a business person (mahina sa salestalk at walang kapalmuks para magbenta) but I am always interested with how certain business work. So it was a good learning experience.

After that we went to Tiendesitas, the new night market in Pasig. It's just a little past Eastwood when you're coming from Katipunan. I'll have to say it was the highlight of my day. It was shopping heaven. There were a lot, and I mean a LOT, of stalls that sell clothes, abubot, even plants, pets and furniture. Still, I was in no shopping mood so I only bought a string bracelet for 50 bucks. The best part is the ihaw-ihaw foodcourt where Kevin, Tita Rosa, Dad and I pigged out while drinking beer. Saya! There was even a stage and Jimmy Bondoc and an R&B band called 9th Avenue played. I dodn't care much for the band. I was busy eating pork sisig, bangus sisig, sinigang sa miso, pork barbeque and chicken isaw. Wowowee sa cholesterol! Nyaa.

Okay now, I think I've killed enough time. I'll email Tris and I'll get back to work. He alraedy agreed to download stuff for me. Yipee! Hehe, good luck sa kanya.

No comments: