In fairness, what I felt last night when I discovered that Let's Fun wasn't airing beat the feeling when I get extra dressed up for Kjwan and he doesn't show up. Distraught is the word, I think, to describe how I felt. This came with the realization how really pathetic it is to be worked up about a radio show enough to be flabbergasted when you don't hear it. Which made me feeling much worse. But I can't help it. Let's Fun is really, well, fun! It is! I've been looking forward to it since Monday!
So I dejectedly fixed myself a cup of hot choco just to assuage the pangs of being stood up. I texted NU's textjock about my deflated spirits and surprise, Andy Banandy actually replied. It was not a "thank you for texting NU" sms which I usually get, but a "hehe yeah i know, i look forward to the show too. but i'll try to keep you guys warm still. :)" Three rounds of messaging after, talking about the hot choco and whether it had mallows and how a sprinkle of pinipig will do the trick (just like christmas!), I stopped myself with a reminder that a message cost PhP 2.50 and part of why Andy was texting back is also to increase revenues for NU. No matter, i felt a bit better after. Goodness! The wonders of interactive technology.
Prolly the reason why I was extra looking forward to Let's Fun was that it has become too quiet in my world. Good friends are away and I needed wacky Quark, Diego and Andy with the special participation of Yang Tze, Pontri and Mr. Francis "Chiz" Moso to fill the stillness. I had no previous difficulty with stillness until now... which makes me worry a bit...(a 20-second pause)... Okay, enough of that. I'll save that worrying for later. It's just gonna be a week. I can do this. Okay, gotta get back to (loads of) work!
P.S. I liked Mojofly's tumatakbo video because it was cute and it reminded me of Shrek. And I thought that Sheila and the Insects video was also a good strategy because, uh, people would really really be turned off if they starred in their video themselves. But Rivermaya coming up with an animated one?! What's up with that? Sige, sige. Magpaka-gorillaz na kayong lahat, sige. Hay stress.
*Sing with me: Pinoy, iba ang pinoy, ipakita sa mundo kung ano ang kaya mo...Mang-gagaya ang pinoooy...
No comments:
Post a Comment