My eyes hurt. I just arrived from Aparri this morning after a twelve-hour bus ride and I haven't slept a wink because that damned emc bus I rode had malfunctioning aircon. The shutters were gone, torn down by God knows who. In effect, no one could adjust the thermostat. I had to slip pieces of paper inside the holes and i had to crumple tissue paper and stick them in to block the cold cold draft. The seats were so uncomfortable I was shifting position all the time. Buses to our place usually come with big lazy-boy type chairs. But sometimes when you're irresponsible enough to put off reserving a ticket until the last minute, you get stuck with the old buses with old shocks and you piss yourself off in the process. And now I'm having this horrible headache and all I wanna do is just hit the bed.
But it's wasn't that bad... They aired The Longest Yard and for two hours I actually enjoyed the ride. Hehe. Nothing better than the testosterone-laden, violent, racist, sexist, sarcastic brand of comedy. Too bad I had to stifle my laughs into tiny snickers. I bet everybody was doing the same thing. Oh and they played good music too. A lot of alternative OPM and acoustic pieces.
Spent most of today making phone calls and arranging things for the team-building seminar and the FGD's I'm preparing. Checked up the trainers, met with colleagues for our intersect article (deadline is Friday!!!), checked and answered mail. Et cetera. Oh and there's a new guy from Germany in the office. He'll be here for about a month to do some research on the urban poor for his dimploma course in Germany. He looks really European with the longish brownish blond hair. He is awkwardly tall, way taller than Tanya. Of course we talked to him but he spent most of the day cooped up at Ronna's desk reading. Oh well, he has plenty of time to get used to ICSI kakulitan.
I think I'm gonna change my work schedule again from 8 to 8:30. I graduated first honor this month for tardiness. I was late a whopping 3 hrs. and 59 min! Shyieet! Promise, mababawasan na yon ng todo. Hihi.
***
There's not much to tell about the long vacation. Finally read Murakami's Dance Dance Dance. Spent much of my time in the drugstore and in bed. Surprisingly there were a few of my friends who went home or they were hiding just like me. I wasn't in the mood at all those days. Stayed home and didn't text anyone. Didn't even greet acquaintances when I saw them along the street. Weird feeling. Hope I'll be in a more jolly mood come Christmas break.
Tick tock tick tock says the clock...
No comments:
Post a Comment