I have been looking for a good pair of pointy shoes with backstraps for more than a week now to no avail. Just when I thought I’d found the right one, thered always be something wrong with it. Either the fit is all wrong however good it looked, or, the straps are a tad too loose even if the soles fit me perfectly. Sometimes Id find comfortable hideous flats. Other times Id bump into interesting pairs but with heels up so high I couldnt possibly get comfortable with them. Last Monday I spent half a day hopping from mall to mall vowing to find that damned shoe. I ended up so spent and depressed with no paper bag at hand. The funny thing in my experience is that when it comes to buying shoes, the really good ones you’ll chance upon when you arent even looking. The freakin catch is that since you’ve no plans to buy and you haven’t got any money, you do not get the shoe!!!
As I was in the speeding pagewang-gewang jeepney on my way back to my titas condo, too much down in the dumps and irritated at that damned reckless driver, it just hit me from nowhere. Finding the perfect pair of shoes is like finding the perfect man -- totally impossible. No matter what, there’s always something wrong with the shoe or just with your damned overused and under-cared feet. There’s no perfect match. There never will be. And you just have to settle.
That I havent learned to do. And here I am with neither man nor shoe.
No comments:
Post a Comment