My roommate Candy is down with the mumps. I was not worried. I had 'em when I was little...I think. I had almost everything when I was a kid -- german measles, bulutong tubig, scabies, and chickenpox during college. Thank God I didn't have hepa or dengue yet. But I think that my engaging in contact street games, playing with soil as a kid and wading through flood waters made my body immune system stronger than most because I rarely get sick as an adult.
Just a while though, I was very hungry and riding on the adrenalin of having submitted a document for work through email while fixing myself a nissin yakisoba (emergency food) that I spilled the noodles on our kitchen sink while draining the cup. I quickly scooped the damn thing up and through gritted teeth and curses, poured boiling water on it again (rinse and repeat) and ate it in spite. Nasty, i know! Now, I am quite positive I'll contract the mumps virus again. I saw Candy washing her utensils on the sink a few hours ago. Lighting can hit twice. It happens to a select tiny percent of the population, you know. I think it will happen to me.
I'm so stooopid. And gross. HAHAHA!
No comments:
Post a Comment