- Time to do the touristy things. Majen and I went to Orchard just so we can say we went there. later, we went to Sentosa for the same reason. Rode the Luge which was okay. I hadn't done any exhilarating rides in a while. I imagine it would be fun for a groups of rowdy people. The beach sucked though. I had an urge to announce, "people, do not look too happy. you haven't been to Boracay yet" But that's just me being snobbish. Hehe.
- Bought a luggage bag on sale at Vivo City. My shopping crazy brother and aunt would love Singapore for all its consumerist wonder. I just felt poor.
- Aside from the involuntary study of human interaction in this country and the awe with which I find efficient things -- how that hell could someone or a group of persons have thought of that and actually made it happen (i.e. synched bus stops and mrt rides, tap-automated almost everything) and why the hell can that not happen in the Philippines in a million years-- what kept me enthusiastic for most of the stay is the food! Hainanese Chicken, Onion Prata, Kaya Toast, Indian Curries with Naan, Hokkien Mee, Springy Fishball Soup, Different kinds of Tofu, Cereal Prawns, Nasi Lemak, Braised Pork Pao, Iced Kacang, all permutations of coffee and tea, etc. I've tried. I still haven't tried the Chili Crab, Laksa and Satay though which I plan to sample tomorrow at Makansutra when we finally do the most touristy thing -- picture taking with the Merlion at the Esplanade. Egh.
- 6 days in to Singapore and I already am starting to tire of it. No wonder why I get a sense that people here sometimes look lifeless. Kathy and Fred admit they are more enthusiastic people in the Philippines. Singapore does things to you, they say. I tell them they should not let it. But internally I correct myself. Easy for me to say. What do I know, I don't have to work here for years like thousands of Pinoys. Only they know how it really really is. I've just been given a glimpse.
No comments:
Post a Comment