9.25.2006

floating on a tidal wave

I'm a whirldwind of activities. I just can't stop. Doing doing doing. I'm addicted to exploring every kind of learning opportunity. Gahaman ako sa experience. And yet, it seems like kulang pa lahat. There's so little time to learn to do things. For example, I wanna learn more about the camera, about digital photo post-processing, about the technicalities and the art of photography. I wanna shooot shoot shoot and apply all I read about. Pero kulang ang bente cuatro oras.

Sometimes I shake myself up and remind myself not to spread my energies too thinly. Sometime, by just doing doing doing (work which take up 50% of my time, friendly encounters, photography, reading some good literature, household chores, family errands, writing, scouting for good music), I forget to take a deep breath and just think. It seems like I'm everywhere but nowhere at the same time. The funny thing is that this state called nowhere feels like home to me. That can be dangerous in a very dictatorial society but that can be quite all right if I assume a to-hell-with-all-your-shit mentality.

Am I ready to face the consequences of that thinking?

No comments: