"Being alone: there's a certain dignity to it." -- Janet Livermore (Singles, 1992)
Last night was great. The moon was full and had an ominous look to it. Rising slightly above bald tree branches, it looked like a cat's eye which alluded to evil forebodings. Yet, i found comfort in its yellow sleepy glow. I kept a steady pace, my breath exhaling thoughts even I couldn't comprehend. I stopped only to stretch my legs or when my cellphone radio's music supply didn't fit the upbeat thumping of my trainers against the hot asphalt road. Then I just walked and tried to stride past my insecurities.
To be dripping wet, you feel a sense of being cleansed. It's physical catharsis. And when all energy are spent, thoughts go with them. It's mental purging as well. And when finally cool water courses through your bloodstream, that's where the real work begins. One by one, information gets sorted and tucked into labelled drawers inside your brain. Instant defragmentation. It only takes about an hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment