7.09.2014

Point this sinking boat home, once and for all, will you?

Five years ago, this song was on loop in my playlist. It is a beautiful song that resonated with me then. It was this, UDD's Bipolar, Death Cab for Cutie from Something about Airplanes to Narrow Stairs, and Neruda's poems spoken by different artists for Il Positino that whispered in my ear almost 24/7 since I didn't get enough sleep that whole year. Needless to say, I was always in this melancholy haze which I didn't think I could get out of. Ever.



Today, things aren't that bad. But something remains the same which I hope will change soon. I am always rooting for the people I love, even if it means I root against myself. This is why I liked the song very much. It tells of a person willing to get out of the way of someone else's dream. I hope I would never have to do that again. The first time was crippling. The second time was a little humiliating but mostly sobering. I'd like to think we grow thick-skinned with these things. The point has been made; a third time would be just cruel. I hope that someday I would be the other person's dream.

No comments: