2.06.2007

long time no post

Long time since I posted here. Heck, long time since I posted anwhere else. Good thing I brought emmet along with me to work last Sunday in Payatas. At first I thought it was going to be like any other work weekend. But then I was struck by the kids playing at the playground within the Sta. Maria de la Paz chapel compound.

These kids are beautiful. I got to see where they live. Their parents are mostly scavengers at the dumpsite nearby and it's amazing how they, despite conditions unconducive to their holistic development, still manage to have lots of fun. There's no joy compared to experiencing children's innocence and mirth. It is because of the potentiality of personhoods that keeps me, and I bet many of us in the development field, going and going and going.



Click here for more photos!

No comments: