5.07.2012

What the...

My ACFJ classmates are so kick-ass I wonder why I am in the same group of around 12.We have a photojournalists, writers, radio show hosts, TV directors, advertising creatives from countries like Japan, Tibet, Maldives, India, Myanmar, Singapore, Mongolia, China who have worked in the greater parts of America, Europe and Asia.. They're all so accomplished in terms of getting their work out there: Time, Newsweek, The New York Times, New York Magazine, Forbes, Chicago Tribune, business newspapers in their own respective countries, famous radio shows, clients such as Nike, MSNBC etc. Many have won awards and prestigious fellowships. Some are currently chasing stories in countries of great civil unrest at this moment and communicate with us through their mobiles. I feel like I am just the token development worker. Still, I'm excited to start on-campus classes. I think this is what I need to step up! (deep breaths)

No comments: