here, now
Sinatra songs, just like eating chocolate, make me sigh. And what apt weather to listen to smooth serenading and nostalgic lyrics than a rainy day. There's a kind of lull in the office today. Fina and Balbie have quit ICSI and it's gonna be a lot quiet here for a couple of months or more until the replacements will come. Even Anne has to go back to Amrica next month. Tanya, Ronna and I will be left with three empty desks. Balbie's stuff are still here because he still will be reporting for CAFIS but it's different when he's not around everyday (for us to make fun of? hehe). Kinda makes me think of my own career path. The quiet puts the question mark right in front of me again.
My transfering to a new apartment was a big step for me. This is the farthest I've gone in terms of planting roots. I have been in so many homes throughout my lifetime. I don't buy a lot of stuff, making sure that I only have the essentials so that it is easy to move around. Now, I've invested in double deck beds and kitchen appliances and utensils among other knick knacks. I like my new home but it's also a lot of work to make sure it is maintained well and supplies don't run out. Weekends are spent cleaning up or going on errands. I'm a bit apprehensive and scared that I'm getting attached to this lifestyle. In the future, I might think twice or thrice about transfering to a new job or applying for an MA abroad. Today is kind of more stable but more limiting. Funny thing is that I don't know if this is what I really want right now. I'm still trying to get used to it. And I'm enjoying the moment--something, unlike planning my future, I'm all too capable of doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment