I spent most of today working alone in the R.A. room. Tanya is on leave. Ronna's out on fieldwork. Balbie had a long meeting. I don't usually like being alone during work hours but I welcomed the silence today and it's positively surprising that I accomplished a lot. The past two weeks have been a tempestous struggle to get some things done. Somehow I had difficulty concentrating. I guess I was experiencing "the blues" as a 70's song goes (c'mon I know you know what I'm talking about). But then again, maybe it was becasue of another matter altogether. Thankfully, spending a sleepless night willfully shifting thoughts into another perspective and one too many a guzzle of vodka drinks after (don't ask me how or why), I finally got a grip of myself. The feeling is not like I'm in a roller coaster nor that I'm on top of the world. That will come much later, I'm hoping. No, the mood is much calmer, easier. Much more manageable. And I'm discovering that, for now, I like it this way.
P.S. Another news broke in. My dad just sold our car. Actually, I don't really care for the car. The color is not right and the speakers suck. The interior is not as posh as I'd want it to be. But why oh why, that the moment I learned about this, I was transported back in time to see myself listening to my sodding records in that damn car as it was parked in our dark and filthy garage one rainy night? I guess seven years with us were too long a time for the car not to be witness to any sodding moments. I feel more sorry for my brothers though. I'm guessing the car was where they spent many evenings making out with their exes. Yuck.
No comments:
Post a Comment