7.13.2005

And as if to remind me, "I am real," God puts me in a sticky situation and then he picks me up.

Yesterday, I, together with some officemates went to hear the mass sponsored by the Jesuits for Cardinal Sin at the Manila Cathedral. We knew the mass was supposed to begin 12 noon and Fr. Carroll was suppposed to be there early because all of the Jesuits would be seated at the altar. However, seems I instructed the driver to a wrong turn which cost us twenty minutes just getting to the u-turn slot because of the traffic. I was squirming in my seat the whole time not being able to look at Fr. Jack and our executive director, Ma'am Jing. Super diyahe. All good vibes I had in the morning putting on my new cream and black floral skirt and a plain black top completely dissipated that moment. Nice going, Diana. Really nice. We arrived during the responsorial psalm and of course Fr. Jack didn't dare seat at the altar. He was with us instead at the back of the Cathedral, seated in monobloc chairs. He also wasn't able to get his packed lunch. Good thing mabait siya and he said that it was ok when I apologized for getting us late. God, it took us four hours on the road and only an hour inside the church. It was 3pm when we finally were able to get a bite at the BK drivethru in Tomas Morato. Kakapagod ang araw dahil sa travel. Lalong kakapagod dahil sa tension at guilt.

So half past six I was at Xavier Hall walking home and feeling dejected bordering on depressed (i have some more issues, I'm afraid) when a passing thought came to mind. What if I bumped into Nemo? Pampalubag-loob man lamang sa isang nakakabagot na araw. Then I quickly shoved the thought away but at that millisecond, I heard someone calling my name and there he was. I wasn't even absorbing it at first. It was like his face was a blur which only got clearer. In fairness he looked different yesterday. Good different. Seeing him in blue long-sleeved polo, slacks and leather shoes with a clean shave was a far cry from his usual t-shirt (usually he gets these from the many climbs, hikes and runs he has gotten himself into), cargoes, mojos, and all those stubbles. Not that I don't like that look. It's just so refreshing seeing Nemo in pormal attire. We chatted for a while but I wasn't able to think of more topics to make the conversation longer. I realize I need practice at these things. We said our goodbyes and I walked away shaking my head at the absurdity of it all but feeling the good vibes all coming back. Buti naman di ako mukhang tae sa harap niya thaht time. Grinning unabashedly, I reached Gonzaga and texted Chayie in the ladies' room about what just happened. I finished my message, walked out of the CR and a laugh escaped me as, I bumped into Nemo the second time around. He was going to the men's room himself.

Then as planned, I entered the deserted chapel and gave a low but teary chuckle. Ok po bosing Lord, sabi niyo eh.

No comments: