You may be surprised to find this blog functional again. Yeah, well... I've been on the petix mode lately. I spend a few minutes every now and then to find a suitable template but it was only yesterday that I found this. So I spent much of the day tinkering with html codes modifying this and that--a formidable task for a mere polsci grad such as I. This template doesn't come with an archive linking system though. Anyone knows how to create one?
Just to clarify (defensive), I'm not slacking off at work. In fact, I'm worried sick. My team is organizing FGD's (that's focused group discussion for you) to know about religious attitudes of people accross different social strata. So far, we've finished doing four and I've even transcribed all. This leaves us with one more-- the upper class. Fr. Jack actually predicted that we would have difficulties reaching the rich, much more inviting them over to talk about their religious beliefs for about two hours. All our key contact persons either declined outright apparently because they were busy or asked to be reminded everyday. Naturally we dropped them and we're still searching for one person who can assure us that he/she can easily invite 12-15 participants. Two of the people in the diocese of ParaƱaque are helping us find someone and told me to give them till Thursday. That's why I'm in the petix mode lately. With almost everything done, all I have to do is wait... and worry. Deadline of report is June 1st. That leaves us only two weeks of transcription and analysis.
Nice. First post in a while and I'm ranting again. well then, onto more fun stuff. Last weekend, Elaine and I splept over at Madie's (and Keith's, and Wee's, and Kathy M's) place in Makati. Too bad Chel, Pau, and Lani couldn't join us as we originally planned. We were all supposed to have dinner at Gateway (the new libis?!) but things came up so Elaine and I decided to crash at Madie's instead. After "In Good Company" at G4, we spent the whole night chatting bout anything and everything. We even ordered bacon mushroom cheeseburgers at Wendy's at 3:00 am. I tell you that is the surest way to get FAT! Gosh I missed these hang-out, dali-patubo-tayo-ng-pimples sessions. It's been a while since I slept in the morning when you can say "Mhy ghulay, Mhay ilhaw nah" and I must say I had difficulty driving Mr. Sandman away. Good thing I got a caffeine kick from the coke, which by the way I also haven't drank in a while (you actually enjoy simple things when you deprive yourself of them once in a while...hehe).
A few hours later, Elaine and I boarded the bus home (actually to Megamall because Elaine had to meet Al there and Galleria because I had to meet my aunt there too) and we were talking about how we missed college. Actually I said I also was looking forward to the next stage of our lives when I'll get invited to their weddings or be told to be a ninang to their babies. Which is true. I mean, ain't it cute visiting friends and their babies? But then again, it wouldn't be that cute if I were the one being visited. Oh well...ok, perhaps not.
Yahoo! it's raining. I'll be walking home to my little nice house in Barangka in a while. Ateneo is always nice after the rain. I just hope I won't run into those hideous hideous frogs!
No comments:
Post a Comment