1.11.2005

update

To those of you who wish to know, my Monday interview went well. I actually even enjoyed it. :) I was inetrviewed by a Filipino and a foreigner ( of Indian or Sri Lankan descent, I'm not sure )and they were very receptive and easy to talk to. After the interview I was assigned to write a reseacrh proposal to assess the needs of an poor community for its social and economic development. An introduction to the study was also required. I just hope I'll get shortlisted and eventually accepted. There is stiff competition though. That, I am sure of. I saw their applicant files and man, were they very thick!

Anyhoo, I did what I planned to do: enjoy the interview. So ayun, masaya na ako. I am so thankful for the outpour of support from my friends. Thanks to those who texted. Milan even called me up and that surely did wonders to my nerves. He even gave me interview tips. The main thing he said was that every interview has to have some drama. Haha. Typically Milan. It seems to have worked though. Thanks Milan! *hugs*

Oh, I almost forgot. There even was a bonus to my day. I bumped into one of Aparri's heartthrobs before the interview. O di ba, pag sinuswerte nga naman ang araw mo... We were playmates when I was about eight but we kinda lost touch after (rival schools, different circles). We chatted for a while and I learned that he also works in the building. Sabi ko, syet, another reason to want to get accepted.

Ehem...

In other news, my 2nd interview at ICSI also was okay. At least it was better than the 1st one. Ma'am Jing the Executive Director, and Fr. John Carroll SJ were my interviewers. Sabi ko, syet di ba si Fr. Carroll yung nagsusulat ng Theo 141 readings? Baka naman may itanong siya tungkol dun at magmukha akong mababaw. the fact that Ma'am Jing was also an AtSCAn added pressure. Inisip ko dapat brilliant ako. EB pa man din ako dati. Baka isipin patapon na AtSCA nowadays because of EBs like me. Forever curse to ng isang AtSCA EB member. Haaay. Although there were many serious quiestions, it turned out that Father John and Ma'am Jing were not that intimidating. In fact, they were also very warm. It's like we were only doing an individual consultation.

After the interview and a written exam, I went to see Al at ACED and made tambay (oo na, cono na kung cono!) at the atsca room--for three hours! Grabe, everytime I made an attempt to leave, may pipigil sa akin. It was nice though to make tambay again. Na-miss ko na mag-iwan ng bag sa AtSCA table tapos wallet lang at cellphone and binibitbit ko. Mwaha! Feeling estudyante parin.

Speaking of buhay estudyante, I saw "Nemo" my one and only (but alas, it came a little too late) Ateneo crush today. As usual, we got into that small talk routine (Gosh, will we ever ever get through that stage?!). I don't know why when I see him he always looks edgy and ilang. Punyeta, may nagsabi na ata sa kanya na crush ko siya eh. Panira! All I want is to be well, a friend. Tsaka baka magfeeling (inwardly) na yun noh. This always always happens. I'm glad the moment I see him but then after, the whole incident stumps me. Dang! Why does he have this effect on me.

Ok, ok. I'll stop ranting. Oo na, at least I get to see him di ba? Ok na rin yon. Hay buhay.

No comments: